Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Day Two - Pre-Op Diet

Today was Day Two of the Pre-Op diet. I can't say that it's going fabulously.  I have 57 (52 if you count that my supplements are 5 calories) left for the day and I am HUNGRY.  My blood sugar has been a bit of a mess.  I'm wondering if I need to stop my diabetes medication.  I just keep going too low and don't have the room to have more food to pull it up. We'll have to see how tomorrow goes.  I'll try to keep it more balanced.

Getting in the protein has been no problem and my water intake is going great, especially for me.  I have 8 oz bottles that I just chug, but it leaves me running to the ladies room getting this much water, but it's great for measuring. I've gotten in 32 oz of water and 8 oz of almond milk thus far today, so I only need 8 more ounces to meet my minimum (which is probably all my bladder can handle at this point).

So what is the pre-op diet?  It's a diet of 1,000 calories per day.  It's supposed to shrink the liver and make healing from the surgery better. And the basic rule of thumb from here on out is to aim for 60-80 grams of protein and 48-64 ounces of fluids, with half being water.

I also ordered my vitamins today.  Lord willing, they will arrive before my surgery. I went with Celebrate Vitamins.  I hope they taste okay.  I ordered their Multi Complete - 18 in Black Cherry and three kinds of calcium. The calcium types I ordered are: a Strawberry Banana Cream Soft Chew, a Chocolate Soft Chew, and a Cherry Tart chewable.  I figure that since I'll need to take 3 a day some variety would be nice.

Oh another thing is that my kids are sick and I'm wondering if I'm coming down with it.  I need to either get it NOW, so I can be over it before surgery day OR not get it at all.  Prayers are appreciated!

Update:
I finally got to the grocery store this evening to stock up on some low calorie foods.  For snack with those 57 calories I had left I had a few pickles, two maraschino cherries, and a few pieces of popcorn. No I'm not pregnant, just hungry with limited options. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

A New Heart and a New Stomach

When I began really walking this road, I went to the Gospel Coalition's Women's Conference.  We spent the weekend studying Deuterono...