Monday, January 14, 2019

T minus 4 days

Already off to a rough start with keeping up a blog, but truly I was in bed nearly the whole day yesterday.  I was sick.  I'm not sure what I have/had.  The doctor at urgent care didn't do a strep test, but he gave me a Z pack and the same time he gave my son an antibiotic.  He didn't do a strep test because one look at his throat said, "this kid needs an antibiotic."  I started on an antibiotic the same day after getting permission from the surgery resident on call. Then it truly hit me.  Rough. 

My throat hurt so bad the past two days that I didn't even make it to my 1,000 calories.  I only made it to 850 or so.  Today though, as I started to feel better I felt like I ran out of calories fast.  I still technically have 10 left.  I'm not sure if I'll just enjoy my hot tea and leave it at that or if I'll run back for two more pickles. 

My dinner was JUNK!  Isn't that funny?  I feel like I would have eaten healthier if I wasn't on this diet.  I had a 100 calorie pack of microwave popcorn, several servings of pickles, and some protein peanut butter puffs.  I didn't have enough calories for a real meal.  Oh well.  I stayed under and I'll manage it better tomorrow.  I think I was just super hungry after two days being well under 1,000, so I made up for it with breakfast and lunch today. Lesson learned.

I'm hoping that being sick doesn't prevent me from getting surgery on Friday.  By that point, I'll be through my antibiotic, so hopefully I'll be in tip top shape.  I'm also hoping my husband doesn't get sick.  I'd like him to be there when I wake up and be able to be with me while I walk around the wing and everything.  I know that I'll be on the same floor as organ transplant recipients though.  They'll have a compromised immune system and I don't want him to get anyone else sick.  I wonder if just a face mask would suffice? 

I've been losing a lot on this 1,000 calorie diet.  I think I'm down 8+ pounds in the past 7 days.  It makes me think, wait why are you getting surgery?  You can lose weight see?  Then I remember that a 1,000 calorie diet isn't sustainable.  That's the issue.  I can sometimes lose on extreme diets, but it's never sustainable.  It's nothing I can stay on for life, so here we are.

Hoping and praying that the surgery goes forward, everyone in my family is well, and the weather doesn't cause any issues as snow and sleet are in the forecast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A New Heart and a New Stomach

When I began really walking this road, I went to the Gospel Coalition's Women's Conference.  We spent the weekend studying Deuterono...